Food Poisoning at JNV School Sindhudurg : around 110 students of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya in Sangeli, Sindhudurg district, Maharashtra, India, fell ill after consuming food poisoning on Friday March9 night.

The students were taken to the Primary Health Center in Sangeli for initial treatment and then to the Sawantwadi Sub-District Hospital for further treatment.

All the students are stable and are currently undergoing treatment.

Minister of State for Cooperation Ravindra Chavan visited the hospital and took stock of the situation.

District Collector Kishor Tawade visited the Sangeli Primary Health Center.

The students started vomiting and complaining of diarrhea early Friday morning after eating dinner on Thursday night.

43 students were admitted to the hospital between 3:00 AM and 4:00 AM.

The school administration rushed the students to the Sangeli Primary Health Center.

The cause of the food poisoning is suspected to be contaminated potatoes used in the dinner.

The students’ condition is improving, according to the teachers.

As a precautionary measure, the medical team at the Sawantwadi Sub-District Hospital has been put on alert.

The doctors are monitoring the students’ condition for 48 hours, said Dr. Evale, Medical Superintendent.

Food poisoning is a common problem in India, especially during the summer months.

It is important to be careful about what you eat and to take precautions to avoid food poisoning.

Here are some tips to avoid food poisoning:

  • Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water before eating.
  • Cook food thoroughly, especially meat, poultry, and eggs.
  • Avoid cross-contamination between raw and cooked foods.
  • Refrigerate food promptly.
  • Do not eat food that has been left out at room temperature for more than two hours.
  • Be careful when eating at restaurants.

By following these tips, you can help to reduce your risk of food poisoning.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *